What is Sunbrella®?
Sunbrella® is the world’s leading outdoor upholstery technology. Its performance fabrics are made of 100% solution-dyed acrylic fibres which are treated with colour and are UV stabilised prior to being spun into shape.
Sunbrella®’s Key Features & Benefits:
- It’s stain resistant
- It’s UV resistant so your fabrics’ colour won’t fade
- It’s water repellent
- It’s mould and mildew resistant
- It’s a very breathable type of fabric
- It features a fast-dry time
- All Sunbrella® cushions feature “breathers” under their bottom to allow extra ventilation
How To Care For Sunbrella® Outdoor Furniture:
- Remove cushion covers and machine wash them in cold water using a mild laundry detergent.
- Always rinse well and thoroughly any Sunbrella® fabric.
- Sunbrella® fabric air-dries very quickly. Do not machine or tumble dry the fabric as the stitching may shrink.
- It is not necessary to iron the Sunbrella® fabric, but if you do, please ensure your iron is set to the synthetics setting.
- Do not use a steamer or set your iron to steam setting.
- Do not dry clean Sunbrella® fabrics.
Keep in mind that the level of care required for Sunbrella® outdoor furniture may vary depending on the environment in which it is going to be located. At Artisan Exterior, we suggest implementing a monthly cleaning and maintenance check to best ensure there is no damage to your Sunbrella® furniture.
All Sunbrella® fabrics feature "breathers" under the bottom of all cushions. This allows ventilation through the small rubber-like mesh area. Breathers also assist in the drying process for the cushion filling.
Follow Sunbrella® ‘s full care guide for further information on how to clean these upholstery items.
Contact us or visit us in one of our Artisan Exterior showrooms to ensure the products you’ve selected are suitable for your specific environment as well as discuss the level of maintenance that will be required.